Mar 2, 2009

underqualified/overqualified

just continuing to feel very overwhelmed, the heart palpitations and anxiety continue, the elephant isn't just in the room, he is sitting on my chest, squishing me so i can't breathe. i have been thinking about why i didn't feel great joy at accomplishing my ren thank-yous and brazil letter and i think it is because i feel incredibly unworthy to continue on this journey, unprepared to serve, possibly even incapable of coping much more than one day at a day. i was unsure of what i could bring to brazil, how could i serve these women and children. . .yesterday at one of our monthly team meetings, i learned that the infant mortality rate in brazil is 29.6%. that is every 1 in 3 babies die! why? i am sickeningly overqualified suddenly. i pray that God enables me to serve Him in a big way, in a way that I cannot even comprehend. i am compelled to learn more about this statistic. please pray that God will reveal Himself to me as to how I can serve and altho' i know that the whys are probably not answerable till heaven help me to grow in peace, patience and understanding.

4 comments:

  1. God would not have tugged at your heart with this, and not given you the strength the endure. You are like Jonah right now, crying out , feeling unworthy.
    None of us are qualified, we live only in His Glory. You are a beautiful soul. You were put on this journey for a reason, and I have no doubt that I will read about how God has used you in amazing ways.
    My prayer for you, ios that you would learn to see yourself as Jesus does, and love yourself the way that He does.
    Thinking, praying
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have an email I can have?
    Lenita

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.