Jan 28, 2009

megan from the greatest blessing said I could share this from her blog

mothering my son from afar
>Spending time in God's word. The One that holds my baby now, is able to speak directly to me. While holding my little man. (the visual is a killer!)
>Prayer. If he is now with God, in His very presence, it makes sense that my prayers are being heard by a pair of very small, very cute little ears.(Hi Macsen! Mommy loves you!)
>Tending to my temple. If God lives within my temple, then taking extra good care of it is no less an act of worship. What is my son doing right now? Worshipping God! Move over Mercy Me! NOT
>Fellowshipping with other believers. These are people that we will be with for all of eternity! Why on earth would we not want to know them, mingle with them, and celebrate them? Macsen is in the presence of saints too! Saints...please picture that in your minds eye. It's all I can do to not fall down on my face right now!
>Making the most of the time I have been given here on earth. God has filled each of us with talents, gifts, interests, ideas, and personalities to be used of Him! Letting Him use us, and dieing to self? What a good example that is to your children. Children here! Children there!
Loving my family. Being all that I can be to his sisters. All that I can, considering all the other seas I am swimming right now. Showing them love. Joy. Acceptance. Peace. Wisdom. Truth. Celebrating their uniqueness and reminding them OFTEN that they are loved by a God that is perfect, and doesn't make mistakes like mommy's and daddy's. He is always there! Always true! (Then I say.....one day, your baby brother will tell you all about HIM!)
>Press on dear one! There is absolute HOPE IN HEAVEN! MAKE IT, AND IT'S KING YOUR OBSESSION!!!!!! Something tells me, WE WILL NEVER REGRET IT!


I just loved this vision and this idea and it really helped me to put things in perspective but that was so last week and already, I obviously digress!!! I asked Megan if I could post this on my blog as a reminder to myself and if I could share it with my small group at church so that they would and could know how to pray for me but then I faltered and didn't share and didn't post until I got her comment tonight as I finally sat down to write. I need to write here every day because it helps me so much to get my thoughts down and how things are going and what has happened but I'm just so tired and never feel like I have time for myself. Can I whine and complain anymore?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.