Jun 25, 2009

My and Renner's birthday was today. . .

My sister, Marie, wrote this poem for me.
The Birthday
You would have been one year old today
Amid balloons and birthday cake
You would have been one year old today
What wishes we would make
You would have been one year old today
It's hard to not feel solemn
You would have been one year old today
A truth that's hard to swallow
You would have been one year old today
But with your Creator you'll be seen
You would have been one year old today
Tis on HIM that I will dearly cling
It was a good day. I am going to try to post pictures soon. I got my Renner tattoo. I was given many beautiful flowers. I received one of "those" necklaces, with my children's names engraved on it and a pearl. I got a sweet bag that I have been envying, filled with things to help unstress me a bit, lol. I was showered with a intricately embroidered table runner and a black and white paisley ironing board cover. Some very sexy panties and a too cool for me running shirt. Just the right cards and emails. Marie also gave me a music box that Helen loves, of course.
We, my girls and I, went for a good, pour your heart out, sweat your butt off, love nature, enjoy the gift of running and Parkside and each other. . .10k, this evening. I don't know what else to say. I can't believe that this year was so long and painful and that it really happened but on the other hand, I can't believe that it is over already. Did this really happen?

3 comments:

  1. Lady...something is on it's way from this way. I am SO sorry it is late. i pray God uses my poor timing to bless you just when you need it. Sometimes the days that follow are harder! Love you...

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Ruth)))
    Happy birthday to you and Renner. I'm glad it was a good day for you. I'm also happy to see you post. I was getting worried about you. The poem your sister wrote is lovely. I too cling to him imagining the day I will be reunited with my son. If it's not too personal maybe you could post a picture of your tattoo. Sending you warm wishes and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to both you and Renner. :)

    I too fear the one year mark, so I'm especially thinking of you and praying for your peace.

    You may be inspiring me to start running again. I went to try on shoes today, but have yet to purchase. :)

    Peace, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.