Aug 7, 2009

leaving

Just wanted to post to ask for prayers as we are departing tomorrow for our 10 day mercy mission trip to Brazil. I hope to be able to journal here on a daily basis. We are so grateful to God for the beautiful tapestry that He is weaving in our lives. It has been a busy season of preparation and trying to enjoy the summer with many activities and opportunities to serve. I regret that I have not written here more but God knows what I need and when I should write. As we approach the one year anniversary of Renner's death I am apprehensive but know again that He has not brought us this far to drop us. I am daily reminded of His grace that is sufficient for me and that His strength is perfect and is all powerful in my weakness. Christ IS and ENABLES my righteousness. Praise God for He is good and His mercies endure for ever. I am so eager to see what He will accomplish through this trip in our lives and I want to grow in my understanding and leaning on Him as my everything. I desire to grow in a deepening relationship with my Lord and Saviour and so get a clearer and clearer vision of heaven so that the light and momentary afflications of this world dim as I look to the Author and Perfecter of my faith.

5 comments:

  1. Amen girl! I am bummed not to have corresponded with you more before you left. things have been busy here....good busy but busy!

    Know that I am praying. God is going to reveal to you more and more of Himself on this trip! I know He is going to take you to a Mount of Trasfiguration for sure! Be safe, and remember to just believe him for BIG BIG things! love you lady! God be with you! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of you and praying for a safe journey.
    Wow, I wish I could go. I'm sure you will have some experiences that will change your life.

    *that skirt in the picture above, is it a sarong and is it purple?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you guys, may God richly bless your time and strengthen your faith in Him in ways that you never thought possible. Much love,
    Brandy & Donny Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth,
    I'll be praying for you on your trip. I bet it will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth! I just found your blog through Renner's Caring Bridge site. This is awesome. I am computer-stupid so I don't know how to do any of this. Hope this gets through! I am thinking of you so much this month, with Ren's anniv. coming up. I was so excited to see you and Donnie up on stage for the trip at church. I'm praying for you 2, esp. you. That God will richly bless and use you and take you to deeper places through this. Hope you can write once in a while, but don't stress about it! Stay safe and healthy girl. Love you! Patty V.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.